The Art Treasures of Northern Italy
- 6 – 11 September 2019
- Dr. Marie-Anne Mancio
- Price (based on 15 participants):
- Places will be strictly limited
- £2,380.00 per person sharing a twin/double room
- £500.00 deposit is needed to confirm your place
- £240.00 single room supplement
Contrary to popular belief, the true cradle of the Renaissance were the Northern Italian cities we’ll visit on this tour. Mantua, once home to one of the greatest courts in Europe; Ferrara, former capital of the Este dynasty, ‘the first modern city in Europe’, and now a UNESCO World Heritage site; Verona with Roman ruins second only to Rome itself; Ravenna, once the capital of Byzantine Italy, home to incredible mosaics; and Padua, renowned for its legendary Scrovegni Chapel where Giotto brought light back into painting.
Dr Marie-Anne Mancio
Marie-Anne trained as an artist before gaining a D.Phil for her thesis Maps for Wayward Performers: feminist readings of contemporary live art practice in Britain. An accredited Arts Society lecturer, she was commissioned to write and present online courses for Tate and How To Read Paintings for Pearson Love to Learn. Since attaining an MPhil in Creative Writing, her art practice is primarily text based including a novel about four migrant women in antebellum America: Whorticulture. She is currently writing a thriller about Caravaggio..
Hotel Campo Marzio, Vicenza (4*) 3 nights
Situated in the city centre, the hotel borders the Campo Marzo gardens. A stone’s throw from Piazza dei Signori and the Basilica Palladiana and within easy reach of Teatro Olimpico.
Hotel Ferrara, Ferrara (4*) 2 nights
Finely furnished and well‐equipped with every comfort, with striking views of the Este Castle.
The price includes:
- Lecturing by Dr. Marie-Anne Mancio
- Return scheduled flights British Airways between London Heathrow and Venice Marco Polo/Bologna
- All airport taxes, security charges and local taxes
- 3 nights’ bed & breakfast accommodation at Antico Hotel (4*), Vicenza
- 2 nights’ bed & breakfast accommodation at Hotel Ferrara, (4*) Ferrara
- Services of a local licensed guides on 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 September
- Services of tour escort 6 September
- 2 lunches
- 5 dinners
- All local coach transfers in Italy as per itinerary
- All entrance charges and fees to visits as per the itinerary
- VOX audio guides
The price does not include:
- Lunches (Days 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Teas or coffees during any mid morning / mid afternoon breaks
- Any incidental and personal expenditure (laundry, telephone, etc)
- Taxis or other transport not specified
- Personal insurance
This tour is organised by Heritage Group Travel who are responsible for all the arrangements. Please refer to Heritage Group Travel Booking Terms and Conditions which can be sent upon request. The Company holds ATOL number 3707 and ABTOT licence number 5060 for your protection. This itinerary is subject to change should local conditions or unexpected restrictions occur. As the tour is arranged many months in advance visits may be subject to amendment.
Book your place
Places are strictly limited to 15 so please book early. For further information:
- Mary Bromley
- 020 7266 7815/20
- E Mail:
- The Course, 105 William Court, 6 Hall Road, London NW8 9PB